• Welcome to Embroideryshristi
  • +365/-25
  • I love doing Embroidery
    • View Profile
    • Embroideryshristi
How To Purchase Embroidery Designs Like A Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:15:42 PM »
Hello Friends

If you purchase online embroidery designs then you must read this article before making your next purchase. With 7+ years of online experience in Selling Embroidery Designs, today I am going to share few tips to purchase embroidery designs like a Pro.

After interacting with lots of Embroidery Lovers Online and using tons of embroidery designs available online, I have observed that most of the people don't have the knowledge of purchase embroidery designs. Trust me, When I had downloaded my first embroidery design from online, I was very disappointed. The design was not well-digitized but still, lots of people are appreciating it. They are appreciating it because the output was good.

If you think that it is only output that's a matter that you are wrong. Besides the output, there are many other things also. If you are neglecting these factors while purchasing the design then in long term this will be harmful to you.

So, let's discuss those factors below. If you consider these points then it will help you in the long term for sure.

The density of the Designs

This is the most important factor that you should consider while purchasing the Embroidery Desing from online. This is important because it will decide the Cost of your Project.

A very dense embroidery design will incur more cost than a low dense design. You can make more by simplifying reducing the density by 10%.

So, next time, while purchasing the design, please refer to the density of the design before purchasing it. If it is too dense than do not purchase it.

I know after reading the above paragraph, you were wondering, What difference it will make by reducing the density?

For home embroidery, it may not make any difference but for a commercial business like us, it makes a lot of difference. We embroidered more than 2000 dresses in a day. If we save 1 dollar per dress then it will make a difference of 2000 dollars per day.

Further, we are not doing this for saving 2000 dollars but instead of saving this money we pass on this benefits to our customers and in return today we are selling embroidered dress at the lowest cost in India.

So, I suggest to reduce the density and thereby become cost leader in your area.

Numbers of Jump Stitches/Trims

This is the second most important factors that you should consider while purchasing the design. A design will low numbers of trims is good for you and your machine as well. An Embroidery Design will more number of trims will not increase the chances of the breakdown of the needle but also waste your time.

So, while purchasing the design, make sure it has the lowest number of trims. The embroidery design should not be such that someone has created without proper planning.

Flatten Embroidery Design

In the last 7 years of experience, I have observed that more than 90% of the embroidery designs are without flattening ( without removing stitches). It means if there is two shaped over each other than you need to embroidered both these shapes. This will increase your cost unknowingly because in such case the number of stitches will be higher.

Ideally speaking, if two objects are getting overlapped then it should flatten down. You should remove the stitches for the part which is getting hidden by another object. For example, if you are drawing a circle on a square then you should remove the stitches to the extent it is hidden by the circle. There is no use of this stitches because it is overlapped by the circle.

Over to You
What do you think about this article? Please do not forget to share your feedback with us. Next, if you face any problem in understanding this article, feel free to reply to this post. The reply option is given on the top right side of this post. We will be happy to help you.

Regards
EmbroideryShristi Team

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:21:10 PM by EmbroideryShristi »
By
admin
I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.
EmbroideryShristi

EmbroideryShristi Forum

How To Purchase Embroidery Designs Like A Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:15:42 PM »