Offline EmbroideryShristi

• Welcome to Embroideryshristi
  • +365/-25
  • I love doing Embroidery
    • View Profile
    • Embroideryshristi
How to Format the USB
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »
There are two method of formatting the USB drive.

1) You can simply right click on the USB and select the format options to format your USB. It is the best and simplest method of formatting the USB drive.But sometimes it happen that this method of formatting does not because of various reason like USB is infected by virus etc.

In this case there is another method to format the USB drive using 'DOS Window'.

2) DOS: To strat the DOS window open the Command Prompt from the start menu.

IN WINDOW 7
Click on Start >> Accessories >> Command prompt

Please note that there will slight difference in location but in every Window supported computer you will find this in start menu

Once you click on command prompt a black window will appear with something like this
c:/users/Namexx>

In that window type 'cd..' and click enter.

it will remove the name from the above line that is now it would be C:/Users

again type 'cd..' it will change the above line to C:\>

Now to format the USB drive identify the Intial of Drive Like 'A,B,C,D...K' (you may find the intial of the USB drive from my computer.Open my computer and look for the USB drive, the initial will appear in the front of the name of the USB drive).

Now type 'Format Initial:' (replace the word initial with your initial of USB drive for example Format K:) amd press enter

This will format the USB drive.

Please note that formatting the USB drive using second method is risker, it should not be used unless you have the intermediate knowledge of the computer.Even a single command will harm your computer.If you had bymistakely used the wrong initial at the time of formating then instead of the USB drive it may format the permanent drive on your PC.

If i can use the first method easily and second method is risky to use,then what is the requirement of using second method ?

Second method that is DOS method is generally use when you are not able to format using the first method. It is also used in case your USB drive is infected and it is not allowed to format the USB using first method.

At last, the most important benefits of second method is it format the USB drive completely from scratch. If you ever facing a problem like i have formatted the USB but still it is not working or something abnormal is there in USB then format using the Second Method. DOS will format the USB from scratch.

Note: Please note that the above method of formatting the USB is my personal experience, you can use it at your own risk.In no case we would be responsible for any harm caused to you.You only responsible for your act.
WE SUGGEST YOU TO USE THE FIRST METHOD ONLY

By
admin
I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.
EmbroideryShristi

EmbroideryShristi Forum

How to Format the USB
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »